Sunday, June 16, 2013

Khloe gets her big girl bed!

My grandaughter (and her mommy and daddy) live with my husband and myself.  Well Miss Khloe is just the light of my life and this little one is becoming not so little anymore!  She was two in April and her mommy and daddy have decided that  it's time for her to move into her big girl bed.  Khloe is just in love with Doc McStuffins, so her bed sheets, of course, are Doc!  AND her mommy even got her  special Doc pj's just for her first night in her new bed!  They tried to put her into her big girl bed for the first time at nap time!


Here is a picture of  her mommy putting her down for her first nap in her big girl Doc bed!  Needless to say, she didn't stay in her bed, she pulled a chair over and turned on her light and then sat down in her bed to read one of the MANY books she decided to pull onto her bed!  No nap for a two year old is usually a recipe for a very tough rest of the day.  But Miss Khloe did great with the rest of our afternoon activities.  "Namma" (which is how she refers to me) was so proud of how well behaved she was, while only sleeping 20 minutes in the car!!  She was really quite the trouper even when we stopped to have dinner with the rest of the family!  Needless to say, this grandma worked very hard to keep her awake on the ride home (success!!) and her mommy and daddy promptly got her in her special Doc jammies and it was off to try again to lay her down in her big girl bed!  She only got up a few times and after her mommy read her a quick story, she was out!  And I mean out cold!!  Here is a photo I took of my little angel, sleeping soundly in her big girl bed!!

sleeping like a baby!!

Now let's just hope she sleeps through the night!!  Thanks for reading if you've made it this far!!  This is just a little glimpse of the little girl, who is the joy of my life, and is the subject of many of my scrapbook pages!  I have some really cool pages I will be sharing with you in the coming days!

Time for this grandma to get some sleep!

Always,

Leslie






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!
Always, Leslie