Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mommy's Baby Boy

Hello Everybody!!  Today I shared this layout over at She's A Sassy Lady!!  I am so grateful to be part of the DT, thank you Sheila!!  Well, last month I shared a baby girl page, so it's only fair that this month I share a baby boy page!  There is a special story behind the making of this album that I am frantically working on!  But let me show you the process before I share the story!



My goal, now that my craft space is almost complete, is to use more of what I have on hand!  When I start a page, I like to lay out the papers to see how well they play off of each other!




Then I start cutting things up!  These pages are for an 8x8 album so I was limited as to how much I could embellish!  In my humble opinion (lol) I like to mat my pictures on black cardstock because it can really make your photos pop!!  The journaling was printed on plain white printer paper, I just changed up the colors on a few words to make it cute for a baby boy layout!



I really loved this journal spot!!  If you are making a little girl layout, you can just change the font color to what ever works with the colors in your layout!  And here is the final product:




The title was cut using George on my Cricut at .75 and the flowers were from my stash!  So this layout cost me nothing to make!  Everything I used were materials that I had on hand!

This layout is part of a project that is very dear to me.  A woman that I work with didn't think that she and her husband could ever have children.  Back in about February she wasn't feeling well and had gone in to see the doctor.  Come to find out, not only was she pregnant, but she was due April 17!!  I have not seen her since she found out the wonderful news.  She has not been able to work due to health concerns.  As soon as I found out, I knew that I just had to put together this album for her.  What a miracle this has been for her! And, I am thrilled to let you know that her miracle arrived on Monday, a bit early, but healthy!!  So I better get cracking and get the rest of the album finished!!

I hope that this project inspires you to create something special!  Have a great day everybody!!

2 comments:

  1. Leslie this is such a beautiful layout. Thank you for sharing it with us at She's A Sassy Lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!
Always, Leslie