Saturday, January 3, 2015

Home Made Texture Paste

Hi there friends!!  I have had a lot of requests on how I make my texture paste (aka modeling paste).  It's really quite simple and I store it in a cleaned up salsa jar!  Here is the recipe that I use:

1-1/2 Cups of baby powder
1/2 Cup of white craft paint
1/4 Cup of white craft glue

Now, here are a few tips.  Just purchase cheap baby powder, you don't need to use the name brand stuff.  You can purchase cheap white craft paint, no need to go buy the expensive stuff.  White craft glue, like white school glue will work just fine.  NOTE:  I used Aleens Tacky Glue and my paste is WAY sticky!!  I have to water it down every time I use it on a project!  Live and learn lol!!  You can adjust the consistency of the texture paste, if you want it thicker, add more baby powder, if you want it thinner, add more craft paint.

If you want your texture paste to have some "grit" to it, add a little bit of sand.  This texture paste is also easily tintable by just adding some acrylic paint.  I also like to add some of my embossing powders to it as well!  The sky is the limit!!  I have used this paste on a canvas for texture and I have also used it with my stencils and it works perfect.  It also drys well with my heat tool and will also bubble when you get the heat tool too close.  Sometimes I like that bubble effect!  The choice is yours!




10 comments:

  1. Hi! :) I'm Maria from Barcelona, nice to meet you. Just a question, can I use this paste on a canvas and after paint it with acrylic painting??? Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you sure can!! Here is a link to my video where I made the modeling paste!! https://youtu.be/1P-OZigm6v8

      Delete
  2. you're welcome!! Please be sure to check out the video on my youtube channel, Leslies Creative Studio!! Here is the link to the video: https://youtu.be/1P-OZigm6v8

    Always, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing I have been looking for a good recipe for this and this is Perfect ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I use other color paint instead of just white?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe & your advice. I'm a beginner, I really appreciate it. Kindly Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can it crack while drying on a canvas?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It can if you add to much liquid!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!
Always, Leslie